Pages

i nostri siti | our sites:
Parola del Giorno | ILGUR | Italy in Literature

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Radio24 and L'Altra Europa

I know it's been a while since I updated, but I have some new listening resources that I want to talk about so look for some new posts in the coming weeks!

Many radio programs in Italy take the summer off -- some end in June or July while others stop for Ferragosto. But this program continued through much of August, and it was a fun program to listen to while I traveled around for my own summer vacations.

The program in question is called L'Altra Europa which is produced by Radio24. Radio24 is one of my favorite radio station because a majority of the programs are talk so not only do you get a lot of listening practice you also have the opportunity to learn about what is going on in Italy from a source of news that I would consider to be very balanced.

L'Altra Europa is a program that is hosted by Federico Taddia (he's also co-authored several books, you can see them here) that focuses on what's going on in Europe in the sphere of politics, culture and economics. Recently, Taddia interviewed the author, Claudia Cucchiarato, about her book (I'll be reviewing it on my blog, Italy in Literature, very soon!) on the new wave of Italian emigration. There have also been interviews with Italians living in and around Europe, most recently in Russia, to talk about the fires and heat wave.

The show discusses not only larger issues (such as the deportation of gypsies in France) but also smaller local ones (such as a local Serbian music festival), as well as highlighting and promoting all aspects of European culture. It's a fun show to listen to because of the wide range of guests and the variety of topics discussed.

If you like learning about Europe and European issues, you'll certainly enjoy listening to this show.

Listen to it online or as a podcast!

No comments: