Pages

i nostri siti | our sites:
Parola del Giorno | ILGUR | Italy in Literature

Friday, June 25, 2010

RAI Radio App for Ipod Touch/Iphone

It's about time that RAI finally came up with an app for their radio content!

I found it in the App Store last night while I was winding down from my long day. The app works pretty well for the most part, and you can listen live to many of RAI's stations (although, I find that live listening works better on ooTunes). The great thing about this app is that is keys you into all the podcasts, allowing you to listen to many of the podcasts on RAI 1, 2 or 3. I'm really impressed with the app (although there is room for improvement!).

Listening to the radio, while it's challenging and difficult for many, is a great way to learn new words and to practice your listening comprehension. The fast pace of speaking takes time to understand, but the more that you practice listening, the better you will be at it.

If you're interested in downloading the app (it's free, by the way), click here.

RAI's smartphone page is here ("Tutta la radio in tasca!").

I wrote a short review of the app on Appolicious -- you can read that by clicking here.

4 comments:

Language stand said...

Wow, its great. I also have an iphone I will download the app right away and will tell you how I found it

Fru said...

I just downloaded, but for me it doesn't work, i don't get live radio, but just music.
Do you have any tips?

Keith said...

A lot of the RAI stations play live music. If you click the Live button at the bottom, all the available stations appear. If they don't, click the Stations button in the upper right hand corner, and you'll see all the available station.

You can also listen to podcasts from the various stations, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Thanks for this tip. I find the app works fine on my old 2nd Generation ipod touch. Channel 6 seems to have mainly spoken word programs and the presenters speak more slowly than others. Has anyone spotted any story programs for children; they may be good for beginners?