Pages

i nostri siti | our sites:
Parola del Giorno | ILGUR | Italy in Literature

Monday, April 13, 2009

Tutti pazzi per amore


Continuing the current thread of Italian television, I want to turn you onto a humorous TV show called Tutti pazzi per amore starring Stefania Rocca and Emilio Solfrizzo, who play the characters Laura and Paolo, respectively. Paolo is a widower raising a teenage daughter while Laura has two children, a sixteen year old son and a young daughter, whose husband has left them and gone to America. I like to think of this show as a quasi-Brady Bunch with two families coming together, although more modern and with an Italian bent.

Laura and Paolo eventually come together but must hide their romance since their two older children are schoolmates who dislike each other and other characters from the past and present come together to create interesting dramatic moments and comedic surprises!

The show is billed as a commedia sentimental-femiliare, a sentimental comedy with a family focus. Many of the situations are comical but there are serious moments. It's a well done show, and I think that its difficulty for comprehension is not so high that it is impossible to understand the characters. It's a great way to practice your Italian while learning some new Italian words and phrases, especially from the children in the show.

There are currently 13 episodes of the show which can be watched online at Rai.tv.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Keith, do you have any advice for Mac users. I haven't been able to view rai tv

Keith said...

Hi Judith:

Not sure - I've sent an email to RAI. One suggestion might be to use Internet Explorer to browse the site - the site makes heavy use of a plug-in called "Silverlight" - I'm not sure if this is compatible with the Mac.

Keith said...

Hi all:

If you use a Mac, you'll probably need Silverlight installed to view any Silverlight sites, such as Rai TV:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/development_tools/silverlight.html

Unknown said...

Hi Keith, I have installed silverlight for Mac and have tried to view RAI using firefox and safari with no luck!! The adverstising clips run smoothly but then I get "video non disponibile". I have tried several different programmes on different days with the same result.If anyone has another suggestion I would love to be able to view this great stuff!

Keith said...

Hi Judith:

Check this out (see the comments posted under the article):

http://italian.about.com/b/2006/08/29/italian-tv-on-your-computer.htm

Apparently you need something called Flip4Mac (http://www.flip4mac.com). I don't own a Mac so I'm not sure what it is but see if that helps any.

Unknown said...

Hi Keith,Thanks for your suggestions.I have not been able to solve the problem yet,even with flip4mac.I will check with some techhie types at work this week. Meanwhile I have am watching an italian film, for free,at http://www.megavideo.com

Keith said...

Hi Judith:

I just had a thought - the only way that you can watch shows on Rai TV is by clicking the link that says "Cerca Programma" - if you click on the TV images on the main screen, it will always fail because that's restricted content. If you click on "Cerca Programma" it shows the complete list of shows, and all the shows in that listing should work.

Perhaps you're already doing this, but I just wanted to make sure it was clear.

Let me know if it starts working again!

Thanks,
Keith

Unknown said...

Ciao Keith,
No luck with the Mac so far but I have an old PC and after downloading "silverlight"I have discovered I can watch RAI on that. Thanks for your suggestions.Much appreciated